Monday, August 18, 2008

I, personally, have seen many members growing through the meetings and this blog. We have a new item out there and it is our group on Yahoo over on the right-hand side of this blog. Have you been there, yet?

Well, I am going to give you a background of why we are where we are today.

I first want to thank all board members for supporting me through forming the group through development and keeping it a well oiled machine.

THANK YOU! The board members are the right-hand side of the blog, you should thank them also for all there hard work and support.

This group was just a figment of my imagination in March. It all started at Kona Bistro in Oakley. Trey Nieman had a little group running there that was all based around MLM. (my intentions are harmless, Trey) To me, I thought the city needed something new coming from the Team United days (again, my intentions were just for example) That group was fantastic, the founders worked really hard in a "unbecoming" dismal, real estate market. I took notice last year, when I couldn't even stand up in front of people. I have always been a "people watcher" that is where I do my most creative "thinking". Yes, I have talked about myself just a little.

Well, because they had such a great group of people I wanted to do the same thing for the city. I saw the opportunity to do something "great" and I have now succeeded at doing so. I am not the greatest writer in the world you will hav to excuse me for any errors, please.

My success was not built on nothing else but desire, execution, and perserverance. Do any of you have these criteria? If you do, then you will understand what I am talking about. When we first met at the Bistro, there were 6 of us. Yeah, I know that is a small number, but there were some big hearts in the room.

At first, we talked about building a website, maybe charging 200 dollars per year with a referral system involved. Well, that moved on a long to starting up the email blast to all the contacts that I had and all the contacts Larry had. To speed this along:

We now have 2900 contacts on the blast.

I changed from building a normal directory to blogging, isn't is great?

But, I wanted to bring somthing to this city it hadn't seen before - a networking group that was run by the members and moderated by the Founder(to keep the junk out).

It is what it is now: We have the ability to advertise our companies to the group (through our Yahoo group), which the emails have to come from you the member. We have the ability to put our thoughts out to the members through blogging(that is what I am doing now) We can go to 8 groups per week to get the face time with everyone. And last but not least, we are growing by 5 paying members per week. Oh yeah, the cost: $100 per year.

I hope everyone is having a great time going to the meetings, building relationships out there. And I hope that every one's businesses are growing.

If you want to be apart of something great, be apart of this!

Thanks,

President and Founder
Clayton R. Hicks

2 comments:

Larry Shideler said...

Thanks for this GREAT information!

Larry Shideler
Customer Loyalty Manager
Lshide37@aol.com
513-405-4773 Cell
Inspection Plus, LTD.
5381 Autumnwood Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
513-793-3552 Office Phone
www.inspectionplus.us

Clayton R. Hicks said...

You're Welcome!